Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:24:03 EST

It must be a different protocol for photojournalists.  Shooting chromes
for stock I can't imagine not having a 100% viewfinder.  The 92-93%
finders I've used mask *much* more than a slide mount does.  I've used
the F801, F90 Nikons and been infuriated having to move the camera around
to see what's outside the finder that will be in the final shot...a major
chore with a tripod-mounted camera.   That has always prevented me from
buying into Leica-R, long before the issues of AF or motor-drives.   I
don't mind the imprecise framing with the Leica M, it's the nature of the
beast and I don't use it for the same type of work.  My reason for
dragging an SLR about is the "WYSIWYG" aspect.  I hope the R9 has a 100%
viewfinder, even if it doesn't have AF.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:57:23 -0600 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:

>That was one thing that won me over to the R8. What a viewfinder! And
>other
>photojournalists I've talked to that have handled it say the same
>thing.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]