Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:52:58 EST

Shooting chromes for reproduction (other than newspapers), 99% of the
time the printer removes the transparency from its mount.  In the other
1%, with experience one learns to judge how much of the 100% field will
be obscured by a standard slide mount.  ( I know of at least one
photographer who uses focussing screens into which he scribed lines
delineating the slide mount crop...the effect is rather like the
framelines in a Leica M.)  No amount of experience enables one to see
what's just outside the finder view of an SLR.

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:24:26 -0600 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:
When I use 100 % viewfinders, I always end up with
>important
>stuff hidden behind slide mounts.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]