Subject: Re: [Leica] Chemicals and marbles..... Merry Christmas
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:26:09 -0800

- --------------100A974A313F8ED0498BE350

Why not use the collapsing bottles that look kinda like a bellows on a 4x5.
You remove the top, push down until the liquid reaches the top, screw the lid
back on and VOILA!, air free.  Another alternative for larger amounts are
flexible water jugs (I use them for camping).  They have spout, hold 5
gallons, and collapse as you drain.

donal

"BIRKEY, DUANE" wrote:

> While putting marbles in your bottles to eliminate air sounds good in
> theory....... I think it could get rather messy and I have a easier and
> in the end a less time consuming solution......  And I agree with Jim, it
> is a time consuming process...... I figure an entire day to develop 2
> runs of E-6... (I.E.10 rolls of film) by the time you figure in mixing
> chemistry and mounting the slides

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego