Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:15:24 -0600

Wednesday, Wednesday, December 23, 1998, Eric Welch wrote:

>I tend to shoot too tight some times too. So I don't
> see Leica viewfinders as a problem because they don't do 100 percent.

I  took  a sharpie and marked my new EOS 1n screen so that I will know
where an 8x10 crop will fall.

From  over 10 years of shooting mostly chrome and believing in the old
saying  crop  as  ye shall reap I have gotten in the habit of shooting
TIGHT. by doing this I am able to know where a photo I shoot will crop
to  8x10  if that is the final purpose and since most of our magazines
are roughly this size it helps there also.

Was  very  easy  to do.  Took a proportion wheel and "sized" the screen
just  like  I would do for a slide for reproduction then marked up the
screen.   May no be exactly right but is close enough.

And  the  EOS screens are cheap so I can replace it later, or just clean
it with alcohol.

Thanks  to  who ever posted this idea several months ago. Carl S. was it
you?

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.