Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding pics (ugh)
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:36:39 +0000

"Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net> wrote:
>It looks like I will be doing something I said I would
>never do again.  My grandaughter is getting married next
>year and wants me to take some pictures at the wedding
>reception.  She will have a formal wedding photographer -
>so I won't have to do that ( did it twice - not great).
>What I want to do is take informal pictures at the reception
>with my M6s. She turned down the idea of B&W, which I understand
>is getting pretty popular again.  So I will be taking color print
>film.  I don't yet know the light levels, but I imagine it will
>be more on the darker rather than the lighter side.  I will be
>able to visit and take some readings well before the wedding.

>[...] what is a good color print film to use??  I don't know the
>type of lighting yet either.

I really like the Agfa Portrait 160 print film. Great skin
tones, lowish contrast, and *very* tight grain structure. The
only reservations I have are that it might not be as fast
as you'd like, and I don't know how well it handles mixed
light sources, particularly fluorescent. A test might be
in order there.

I'm sure Eric Welch can suggest something faster if ISO 160
is not enough?
Alexey Merz | URL: http://www.webcom.com/alexey | email: alexey@webcom.com