Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder adjustment
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:51:01 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to thank whoever it was (several of you) who brought up
"the rangefinder adjustment" thread recently.  It prompted me to
look into a focusing problem I've been having lately.

Thinking the problem was just the difficulty of focusing the lens at
f/1.4, I kept trying to improve my methods.  After reading the thread,
I did some careful tests with a tripod and some focus "targets" on a
whiteboard, it's pretty clear to me that the rangefinder is the
problem.

It is an M6HM non-TTL, only a month or two old.  Back it goes for
warranty service.  This is the second M6 body I've had to send back
"straight out of the box."  Quality control problems, here we go
again... :)

Thanks LUG -- I wouldn't have noticed the problem otherwise.

Andrew

no archive