Subject: Re:[Leica] Wedding pics (ugh)
From: Donald Ingram <Donald_Ingram@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 19:16:54 -0500

Richard,

I have just finnished doing exactly the same 'official - unofficial
photographer' role
 at a friends wedding and am currently  half way through printing the negs
for delivery in the new year.

I took 90% of photos with the 35 Summilux ASPH and the rest with the
Noctilux.
I have tried the 35 / 75 summilux pairing  in the past  , but during such
'live' events, have found the 75
too long a focal length  and have had  to swap it far  too often to the 35
- - normally missing a good shot in the process..

So I would recomend if you plan to take only one  M6 body to go for the
35mm and 50mm  lens pair.

I used Fuji SG800 throughout - at the church and indoors at the reception.
The SG was pushed 1 stop yet metered at 800 . The grain is still minor at
8x10.

The indoor lighting was mixed  but the SG800 did well provided it was over
exposed.
 I found it was  best not to totally correct the  warmth of the tungsten
lights in the darker shots.
If NHGII is available in 35mm (  not in the UK yet  KJP tell me ) go for
that , I have got good results with it on 120.

I did some other wedding photos a couple  of years back on NPH.
The  NPH  had  finer grain but less saturation  - I  prefer the SG800
results.

All the best for the new year and the wedding ,

Donald.

<