Subject: [Leica] It's Christmas morning here in SV
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 13:11:30 -0800

It is Christmas morning here in Silicon Valley. No traffic, everything's
quiet. It has been freezing every night for the past week. Our white
Christmas is ice and frost. Everything thaws by 10am.

I'm not sure how good I was over the past year, but Santa was good to me. I
have a new 24 ASPH and 75/1.4 for my M6. :-)

So the M lenses that I will be working with are 24, 35, and 75. I tried a
21 but did not like having to use the extra finder. I also didn't like the
price of the plastic finder. Gadzooks! I can use the 24 without a finder. I
don't wear glasses and the outside edge of the M6 viewfinder is very very
close to being 24mm. I find it much easier than peering through that piece
of plastic gold stuck in the hot shoe. And just about as accurate.

Since my work (Photo Access) is designing the next generation digital
camera internals, Photo Access decided that I needed to have (and use) a
digital camera. So they gave me a choice. Fuji MX700 or a Nikon CoolPix
900. I chose the Nikon. Zoom lens and macro focusing. And many accessories
available. Also downloadable firmware (camera brains for those of you not
into computerdom.)

I bought some Fuji 800 NHG II and have been photographing family
activities. "Happy Snaps." It'll also be a flare test for the 24 ASPH as
some strong direct sunlight streams into our house from the south. The M6
viewfinder flares out so we'll see how well the lens does.

The real turkey is in the oven, the Tofurkey will be baked later. This is a
great time for family and friends. And my friends on the LUG.

Best wishes to all of you,

May the light be good for you, and
May your lens have good Bokeh,

Jim