Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding pics (ugh)
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 20:59:51 -0600

Eric,

>Fuji 400 neg film is very nice. Very fine grain. I really like the new
>stuff called Superia. And then there's the 800. It's got great saturation
>and grain is amazingly good. The new Kodak 800 (has come out since
>Photokina) is really good too, and is a true 800 compared to the Fuji which
>is more like 640 in comparison. It has finer grain and better sharpness
>than the Fuji, but the color is still a tad blue. Easily corrected in
>Photohshop, though. Worth a try anyway.

Thanks for the info.  Just shot a bunch of Christmas happy snaps with the
400 and have a Fuji 800 Superia in the camera now.  I want to go to the
building where the reception will be held and take some snaps - don't know
what the light balance is in there.  I'll give the Kodak 800 a try - I
still would rather buy Kodak, even though they seem to treat us as s***.

Hope you had a good Christmas, and hope you have a happy, prosperous and
health New Year.

Dick