Subject: [Leica] M6 - Film didn't advanced!
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:50:51 -0500

Now it happened to me... twice ... at the same location.  First time in my
life and it had to happened at a wedding.
The film did not advanced in my M6!  Fortunately I checked the film counter
(38) and didn't wait until the evening was over just to notice I un-used
only one film.  It has never happened to me before.  I usually check the
rewind lever to make sure the film sits properly.
Fortunately I was only my wife's back-up but I'm very upset with myself.
It was a Moslem wedding of a couple from Ghana in a prayer room in Atlanta.
My wife had to stay with the women behind a curtain in the women section and
I could stay with the men in the main prayer room.  I got permission to take
as many pictures as I wanted and everybody was very friendly.  There was
just the right light for the M6 and the Noctilux.
What an opportunity and I had to screw up!  Fortunately I noticed it before
it was completely over and I had another M6 (using a 90mm tele-elmarit) but
I know I missed some really good ones.
Sorry for whining!
Jorg