Subject: [Leica] another R24 question
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:17:58 +0200

Hello!

Santa was very good to me this year. I didnt have to buy the lens I was asking for since under the tree, my wife was kind enough to leave me a little box that had a brand new Leica Elmarit-R 24mm!!!!

I have 2 questions, and I hope some of you can answer them.

1) The manual that came with the lens is in German. I see no mentioning of the ROM in this lens. How can I know If it has it, and If it doesnt, what are the limitations with the R8?

2) The lens came with a very peculiar hood. From what I understand, this lens takes a series 8 (?) filter. B+W doesnt have one in stock here, and its a 20 day order. Is there anyway to bypass this and use another filter diameter as I noticed both the lens itself aswell as the hood can accept filters.

Thanks for all the help!