Subject: Re: [Leica] life-time over achiever
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:51:08 -0800

Duane Birkey wrote:
>The funny part is you're not dead yet and are still a working
>photographer...... I  always thought they gave those awards to people
>when they were about dead or posthumously.........    Anything we should
>know??????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Duane
Funny you should mention being dead! :)

Shortly after we moved from Ottawa to Victoria I received a phone call from
number 2 son, " Hey dad you still alive?" "Yep the last time I checked.
Why?"

He says: "Well the City of Ottawa has named a street after you. I thought
they did those things after someone died. So I was checking just in case."
:)

So I guess that's two out of three, maybe the next time someone will get it
right! :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant