Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: SHARPNESS cont.
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:42:04 EST

You perspective is legitimate, but is not exclusively so.  There are those
(including me) who use the lenses and are also interested in the technical and
objective performance aspects of the lenses.  Please do not think that because
one is interested in the technical issues, this means that one does not also
enjoy the actual photography.  The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Tom Shea

<< Because it's pretty useless. So what, who cares what the optimum aperture
 of the lens is? I sure don't. I USE my lenses, not try to prove how sharp
 they are. If that calls for it being used wide open, then I'll use it wide
 open. Leica lenses have the advantage of being truly useful wide open.
 Because one lens has 4 more lp/mm performance at f/5.6 over its rival is no
 big whoop to me. I use Leica lenses. I've used the rest. I prefer Leica
 lenses. I'm much more interested in how they work, not how the competition
 compares. >>