Subject: RE: [Leica] SHARPNESS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:48:31 -0600

> R-Lenses are very
>comparable to the better EOS L lenses these days with computerised optics.
>I know LUG will find this herecy but its true.

Have you ever used them? I get the impression from this statement that you
haven't. I know this is not true. As good as the EOS L series lenses are,
I've owned some and used them at work, and they lack something in the area
of contrast that Leica lenses show in spades.

There is one notable exception to that. The EOS 300 2.8 is a bit better
than the first generation Leica 280 2.8. And the tilt/shift lens is
awesome. Very Leica-like.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO