Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm Summaron
From: Peter Niessen <niessen@ifh.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 13:26:51 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

It is _totally_ OK to remove the eyes from the 35mm Summarons,
Summicrons or 135mm Elmarit. Focus as follows: Make the pattern match
in your viewfinder, then read the distance on the focusing dial, take
out your calculator and multiply the reading by

	35/50 = .7	for the 35mm lenses
	90/50 = 1.8 	for the 135mm lenses

and re-set the dial accordingly.

Maybe you have to multiply by 1/.7=1.4 and 1/1.8=.6 .

Since I'm wearing glasses I prefer the goggled 35mm, which gives you a
bit WA feeling like a SLR.

Cheers, and happy new year, Peter.

Peter Nießen
DESY IfH Zeuthen