Subject: [Leica] Leica virus, Alan, R8+100 APO MACRO WTB
From: "phong (Doan huu Phong)" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:26:39 -0500

Hi Alan & other LUGers,

   I have been watching your affliction, Alan.  Who now will
   defend us against Eric W.'s siren songs of the 19mm and
   the 70-180mm VAE ?  That a man of reason such as you would
   succumb too leaves me  with no hope.  My day will come,
   that is now my realization.   Let it be swift and painless.  My only
   consolation and hope is that maybe there is a mint, (un)used
   R8+100APO at a good price, somewhere out there waiting for
   me.  Please, please, someone, help me !       :-) :-)

   Recently I shot about 10 rolls with my Canon EOS equipment
   which I have put aside because I was shooting with  my Leica Ms
   much of this year.  I used to be very happy with my Canon lenses,
   especially the 100mm Macro and 70-200 L.   I tried the M for the
   compact size, not because I was unhappy with my EOS equipment.
   The new batch of  prints left me quite unsatisfied, so I went back to
   take a look at the old prints (you know, maybe because I haven't
   shot the stuff for a while, maybe ?  maybe ?).   Horror of horrors !
   There is just no  comparison betwen the L and C prints !  Will there
   be  nothing but Leica for me in the future (hey, that's not too bad
   a fate, heh  ?)    Will it be  the poor  house for my children  ?

   1999:  the year of the R8 and 100mm APO MACRO ?
   Will it be ?

   HAPPY NEW YEAR,  EVERYONE.

- - Phong