Subject: Re: [Leica] Laugh at Leica and the world laughs with you.: Hams and topics
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 10:47:53 -0700

Dear Walt,
My father-in-law is a ham, and I sometimes listen in on his conversations
with other hams. All they talk about is their gear and the weather where
they live. Boring and useless. I much prefer a bit of disagreement and
discussion of other issues. The heavy-handed manager makes Brian sound like
a prince.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson
+++++++++
Walt wrote:
I belong to another group (collins radio, if anybody cares) and
the list operator is a nazi.  Will allow NO off-topic posts of
ANY kind and ABSOLUTELY no disagreements of any kind, period.
Most boring bunch of folks on the 'net.  BTW, they also don't
allow "dissenters" (those who would criticize Collins Radio) but
that doesn't matter because the list admin, who has less of a
life than even I, sits at his computer 24 hours a day and
"monitors" the group for content, language, etc.  What a jerk.
Long live the passionate, raging, half witted BS on a group like
this......it's one of the few I care to read.
Happy NY,
Walt