Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB User M2
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 22:03:51 -0500

At 11:48 AM 1999-01-01 -0600, Walter S Delesandri wrote:
>I'm not the thief, Mr. small

<sigh>  Mr Delesandri, you ARE the one who stated, though, that if I gave
you a serial number, YOU were going to report it as stolen.  That would
constitute the filing of a false report with the police;  if you attempted
to collect from your insurance carrier, then that would constitute
insurance fraud.  I merely took you at your word.

Incidentally, a lot of legitimate dealers (Bob Pins springs to mind, and
Richard Kemmler, for another) always post serial numbers.  And I have never
had any difficulty in obtaining full serial numbers from any other dealer
save for Le Phat, and that was only because Le didn't happen to have the
particular lens logged in yet.  Dealers who do not list serial numbers
simply adopt this policy to reduce the price of ads.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!