Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron cleaning marks. Another thing to check
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 22:50:47 -0500

Joe Stephenson wrote:

> Terry,
> It occured to me to add that it is a good idea to shine a pen light through
> older Leica lenses.

Snip...

Joe,

I was told by one of the salespeople at Tamarkin that this is an invalid test,
that shining a light through a lens will show up every piece of dirt and crap
and debris and that it's better to look through the lens towards an even light
source. That being said, I always look through a lens I'm considering with a
penlight.

Carl Socolow