Subject: Re: [Leica] Apology and Oratory (was: Apples and Oranges)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 09:28:29 -0800

Martin wrote: And a whole bunch more:

>You're absolutely right.  It's time to confess.  The Leica User Group
>mailing list consist *solely* of people who:
>
>   ...don't shoot pictures;
>
>   ...only buy the latest, most expensive Leica gear available
>      and sit in leather chairs, sipping single malts and
>      admiring the chrome finishes;>>>>>>>>

Hi Martin,

Gee what a " nice loving  description" :) of the family! If I didn't see
the smiley at the end of the post, I'd have wondered if your New Year's eve
single malt was alittle on the heavy side. :) Creating some slippage of
your grey matter. :)

Of the two I copied above, in my case it's close but not on the mark: :)

<<<mailing list consist *solely* of people who:
...don't shoot pictures; >>>>>>>

I shoot lots of them and all the time! :)

<<<<<<<only buy the latest, most expensive Leica gear available
>      and sit in leather chairs, sipping single malts and
>      admiring the chrome finishes.>>>>>>>>>>

Naw I don't always buy the most expensive, I always try to make a deal!:)
Sitting in the leather chair is right along with the single malt...a class
act to fit with the Leica mystique. :)  And I never buy anything new chrome
.... to pretentious! There's only one colour of new gear....black! :)

Your post even though tongue in cheek, should create some very interesting
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant