Subject: Re: [Leica] SM Lens Correction
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 11:35:50 -0600

>I shoot regularly with a IIIf--most often use a collapsible Summicron, but
>also the 20/5.6 Russar and less frequently a 90 Elmar.  Rheinhold Mueller
>rebuilt the shutter and CLA'd the body.  I confess that I had no idea that
>a IIIf vf could be so bright.  I think that it's useful to have the trim
>template if you're running a lot of film through them.  I don't have one
>and wish I did.  The thing is quiet, unobtrusive, and a lot of fun to use,
>but if anyone does notice it, I get a lot of questions about "antique"
>cameras.
>
>Chandos

I'm happy to see some discussion of the LTM cameras -- since thats
the only (Leica) equipment I have except for my CL (which will probably
be up for sale soon).  I agree with the comments about how nice
and unobtrusive they are ( and quiet ) -- great theater cameras.

On another note, I apologize about posting the picture.  I am still
somewhat new on this list and when another person (I forget who) posted
a picture on the list the same evening I thought it was OK -- but then
afterward remembered seeing some thread about pictures on the mailing
list being a no-no about a month ago.  I will from now on just make a web
page -- once I learn how to do it ( a new year's resolution -- learn how
to put up a web page).

Mark Hammons