Subject: [Leica] NYD
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 16:21:03 -0800 (PST)

Bee,

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I'm sure many of us had the same idea, recording those moments with
their Leicas. How about a tale or two??
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I set up for the NY moment [decisive or not] with the R8 winder and Metz.
As some of you know, the camera is due to return to the "fatherland" for
another visit early January, but I wanted to finish the film [rather than
remove it, and then use it again and double expose it as I did with the
film in the camera at the time it went off for the first time :-( ]

I gave it the 12sec delay, picked up the dog and headed for the family
snap, and the camera went into Auto mode, firing away furiously. The flash
and its "tired" batteries could not keep up, so I have an assortment of
blurred yellow images, flash shots of my back moving dogs and stunned
owners, wondering "what-next" !!! Anyway, it certainly finished the film
;-) and now I know the damn thing is "CRAZY".

The "delayed image" was taken when the tripod was "re-loaded" with the Z2X.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,