Subject: [Leica] Project '99 ? a picture a day!
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 12:00:55 -0500

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Ted Grant wrote:

<SNIP>
>Starting to-day, as day 1 of the New Year, take your Leica, no matter what
>model, version, year or lens and swear an oath to take ___one meaningful__
>picture everyday for the next 365!  This time in one year, that's not long
>after you've put in 70. :) You'll have a record of the final year of the
>millineum.

>So OK fess-up. How many actually started?  I have a B&W twilight zone of
>boats and lights reflected in water, shot with a Noctilux and a second
>choice of a full moon reflecting a moon beam across the ocean. It took me
>all of 5 minutes on the way to a friend's last evening and the moon beam
>from their living room window.  See how easy it can be.

I'm in!  Yesterday I took my 10-year-old daughter to the Sierra Nevada to
escape barren, snowless Sacramento and to build an igloo.  This was our
first snow-building project and it turned out really "cool".  Once the
igloo was complete we had a late lunch of peanut butter sandwiches inside
the igloo, made some happy snaps of each other with our creation and bade
the igloo a sad farewell before heading back down the mountain.  Little did
she know she was learning a valuable survivial skill if she ever gets
caught in a blizzard in the mountains.

Doug Herr
Sacramento