Subject: Re: [Leica] What REAL PHOTOGRAPHERS Drink
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 12:29:38 EST

Ted:

I believe that I still have the wooden box that the McCallan 25 came in.   In
fact, I drool everytime I run across it.   What do you think it would bring on
Ebay?

By the way,  Happy New Year to you!

Bob Bedwell

<< Hi Bob,

 A gentleman of class, Leica's and a fine McCallan 25! :)

 Here's a suggestion to have "someone else buy it for you! :)

 A doctor friend asked if I would do a shoot of he and his crew during a
 somewhat delicate operation which included a bunch of hardware that made
 the OR look like  a Star trek set.

 He offered to pay me and I refused saying, "Give me a bottle of single malt
 scotch some day."  A couple of days later he turned up with a wooden box
 enclosing a bottle of 25 year old McCallan. It was the first time I'd
 actually held one.  Some what like the first time you fondle a new Leica.
 :)  Just so folks can appreciate the dollar value in Canadian..... $205.00.
 for the pleasure of drinking this nectar of the gods! Now you know why Bob
 took a year to sip it!

 So the next time you go to your doctor or you know any doctors who might
 like their pictures taken while doing their thing, get them to "pay you" in
 McCallan 25 single malt! :)  You'll still only drink it a tiny dram at a
 time. :)

 In the OR best to use the M during the quieter moments of deep
 concentration. After that's over you can rattle away with motor drives. :)

 ted

 Ted Grant >>