Subject: [Leica] 1. M6 self-timer. 2. CTOOM flash bracket.
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 19:08:11 -0000

Bee Miller wrote an interesting and amusing report (1/1/99) on using a
separate self-timer with the M6.

Actually,  according to the latest M6 Handbook (printing date 1/98), the M6
 already has a self-timer built in.  Page 39's tips for maintenance  urge
you to  move and use it at least once every three  months to prevent the
grease from becoming tacky.    You can't accuse Leica of getting too far
ahead of themselves, bless their hearts.

On a separate subject, the flash bracket CTOOM  (1953-64) has two small
holes either side of the centre  (visible in the photo on p.243 of the
Leica Collectors' Guide, 1992 Edition). Does anyone know what they are for?
 I do not remember from when I once owned one if they are threaded or not.
It does not look as if they are to enable tripod mounting.

Regards.

JH