Subject: Re: [Leica] the new kid on the block and question #1
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 17:52:00 -0500

At 02:55 PM 1999-01-04 -0600, Walter S Delesandri, that well of misguided
nonsense, wrote:

>If it's a "skinny" (l970s or later) Tele-elmarit, don't take it at any
>price...the lens groups are not "welded" they're "swaged" -- but
>yes, it is a problem.....

Walter, pray, try not to post bosh like this.

Yes, there can be a problem with the skinny Tele-Elmarit.  But it only
affects a small percentage of the production run, and these lenses are
otherwise delightful.  I would suggest that a potential buyer be cautious,
but a sound skinny Tele-Elmarit is a wonderful lens, in every regard.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!