Subject: Re: [Leica] Selftimer - Warning
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 21:49:14 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Darrell,
>
> Any idea of how far is too far? I was given a mechanical self timer by my
> favourite photo dealer this afternoon (yes, given, he refused payment). The
> plunger is adjustable, and can be as long as 3-4mm or 1mm or less. How long is
> yours? (plunger, that is ;-)
>
> Nathan

<snip>

1. Screw a cable release with a lock into the shutter release.
2. Cock the shutter.
3. Slowly squeeze the cable release until the shutter fires, the lock
the cable release.
4. Unscrew the cable release (still locked) and measure the distance
from the top of the threads to the tip of the plunger.
5. Adjust your self timer to this length.
6.  Test and readjust if necessary.

Regards,
Dennis