Subject: Re: [Leica] Project '99 ? a picture a day!
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 17:20:43 +0100

Whew!  What a thread.

I've decided to participate in the PAD '99 challenge, but on my own
terms.  I used to own a camera and take some pictures, I've read lots
of books on photography (both technique and others' pictures), but I've
never really 'learnt' photography.  Been away from photography now for
many years and just recently got back, this time with Leica.

So, I've decided to take a picture-a-day for two reasons: First, I'm
hoping that by thinking about what I'm photographing (and how), and
taking notes, I can learn to see.

Secondly, I figure that if I take one or two decent pictures a week,
I shall be able to put together a little 'picture book' next year that
chronicles the places, people, and events of 1999.

So, meaningful to me is a picture that is relevant to where I am, what
I'm doing, etc.  It doesn't have to be the worlds greatest photograph.
I'm not expecting it to be.  But I am expecting to be a better
photographer by this time next year.

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho