Subject: [Leica] Luftwaffe leicas
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:37:16 -0000

Mark Rabiner wrote on 4/1/99:

<Luftwaffen means air force and although it occasionally sends a chill
down my back too it is not an SS deal and could apply to WW1.>

I agree. Having been bombed regularly in London for several years by the
Luftwaffe has in no way put me off wanting to own German cameras.  I should
find it very interesting to have one with such markings.  Likewise despite
having had an uncle who was a POW working on the infamous  Burma railway  I
 have owned many Japanese cameras and look forward to fitting a Leica lens
on a Japanese range-finder when they produce one.  I gladly drink as much
French wine as possible despite William the Conqueror.

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:14:05 -0500 "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
wrote:
> Walt is only 40...... Now come on Walt, tell the truth .........  We've
> all heard you rave about 30 and 40 year old cameras.......I had you
> pictured as crusty old codger being at least 65......

Walter always come across to me as a delightful young man of wide
experience who speaks his interesting mind in a colourful  and refreshing
way and is an asset to the Lug.    I am not at all offended at the
description of over 65's.   Being one myself I know that there are a few
exceptions (not many, I admit).

Best wishes.

JH