Subject: Re: [Leica] Your Favorite Color Slide Film
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:39:51 -0500

- --------------3DB5CF7CE5CED42004088B4C

Francesco wrote:
> SNIP
> This
> has caused me to look for another film as my mainstay.  I am
> wavering between Kodak EPN 100 and EPR 64.  When I am not
> sure about light conditions or where I will be during the day, I like
> to load up on E200 as my favorite film.  For a 200 speed film that
> can reasonably be pushed to 800, I think it does VERY well.
>
> Francesco

Francesco,

Check out Kodak's E100S or, even moreso, the E100SW if you're going to
be photographing people. I like the warmer palette of the SW for people
and the neutral palette of the S for products. Both are phenomenally
fine-grained. However, all 100 speed film is fine-grained these days.
What really sets these apart is their ability to hold phenomenal shadow
detail while still holding highlights. Incredible lattitude. I've shot
architecture that astounded me with how detail was held in sunlit bricks
while shadows were wide open. And not Ektrachrome blue. Also, 15-30
second exposures with no reciprocity effects. Compared to what I used to
have to go through on long exposures these films make my job incredibly
easy.

Carl Socolow
- --------------3DB5CF7CE5CED42004088B4C

begin:vcard