Subject: Re: [Leica] Old 135mm Lens
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 08:20:22 +0100

Hi Scott,

I had a very similar experience with this lens. I bought my Hektor this
summer for $175 just to try if the 135mm focal length would work for me on
an M3, and was similarly impressed with the images--in my case some informal
portraits of my mother and daughter in my backyard. This lens has got to be
one of the best values for money in the Leica universe. There is a nice
article about it in the Viewfinder, retrievable from LHSA's home page (whose
URL I have forgotten).

Nathan

Scott Kercher wrote:

> I bought a Hektor for my M3, not really planning to use it much but as
> it was in such beautiful condition and the price was right I thought
> well why not. On a recenr trip to Sanibel Island in Florida let me tell
> you that lens was the lens of choice for that week! I was able to get
> close enough to the shorebirds without bothering them and still fill the
> frame nicely. When the prints came back I was totally blown away. Some
> of the best stuff I have ever taken.That old lens has a place in my
> heart ever since!!  New is nice, but sometimes I think we forget how
> good the older stuff can be.....        Scott

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html