Subject: [Leica] Leica Cassette Realities
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 13:14:01 -0500

Good heavens.

Leitz cassettes are WONDERFUL.  They are not as neat as are the Zeiss Ikon
equivalents, but they are WONDERFUL, naetheless, a neat summation of a fine
item which will make your life easier.

Alden and Watson loaders accomodate them.  They allow the use of weird
films.  They allow the use of CHEAP films (my Scots soul glimmers in joy!).
 They are Morally Pure (Barnack designed the original model!).  They are
pure Leitz.

I have a slew of these guys -- not a hundred, but, maybe, 15.  I use them.
I buy Long Rolls of film.  When I am a photographing mood, I find these
guys invaluable for keeping costs down.

But do NOT send a Leica (or Zeiss Ikon!) cassette to your village photo lab
without a lot of Dire Warnings of Impending Lawsuits.  But, then, if you
are a REAL Leica user, whatever are you doing SHOULD include the doing of
your own darkroom work:  anything else is playing around in the weeds.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!