Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm M-Asph on M6
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 21:44:26 -0600

Ray,

>Is anyone successfully using the 24mm M-Asph on an M6 without the
>optional finder, or is this finder absolutely necessary?

I use it without the finder, usually, as I am too lazy to put it on, and,
also, I might break it <gr>!  It is mildly successful, for you can
practice at home looking through the finder and the M6 and can approximate
the field.  the only problem I have encountered is when I am in a primarily
dark area with fairly strong light areas, Iike a fairly dark room with
windows or lights, that I have underestimated the metering area of the M6
which has resulted in very dark rooms without much detail.  I finally
figured out that the 24 was picking up a lot more of the lighted area than
was indicated in the 35mm window.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX
Dick Hemingway