Subject: [Leica] Leica M2 question
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:03:50 +0200

Hello.
As some of you may know (and some don't), i am an avid R user and have been for a
very long time. I dont know much about M series cameas. However, many, many years
ago, I inherited the following camera:
M2 - 1161***, it says ERNST LEITZ GMBH - WETZLAR GERMANY on top. the lens is a 5
cm summicron saying ernst leitz again. i was wondering If any of you knowIf this
camera can accept modern M lenses. The lens  size seems very small to me (then
again i am used to R lenses), and dont know If they have changed mounts since
then.
Of course, I have no idea how to use the camera either, but if it does work with
modern m lenses, i am definately willing to learn. To be honest, i cant even seem
to know how to focus this camera.

- --
Regards,
Alexander