Subject: Re: [Leica] I Got 24mm of Blues
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:59:05 +0100

At 22:57 07/01/99 +0300, Tom wrote :
While a good portion of the list have been consuming themselves with
Noctilust, I've been nursing my own hunger - I'm dying for a 24mm to use on
my M6.  Of course, the new ASPH model would be great, but the price makes
me nauseous (on this point, whenever my spell-checker reads 'Leica,', it
suggests 'leaches' as an appropriate alternative).  I read somewhere (I
think it was on that wily dog Steve Gandy's site) that the old R 24mm f/4
can be used on the M - there is even supposed to be an adapter available to
make it happen.  Is this so?  How much would such a set-up cost, and has
anyone 'experienced' this lens?
>Tom Lavrakas
######################
I have not experienced the set elmarit 24R + adaptor on a M camera.But,
some 10 years ago, I put the question to Leitz for the 28R I owned.
The answer was : yes, it is possible with the adaptor 22228. But, without
the RF facilities (obvious) and  without the TTL light measure facilities
of the M6 (curious).
BTW the 24 R is an old design (not very good according to MTF test) coming
from Minolta, but sold at a Leica price...Surely the worse quality-price
ratio among R lenses.
Sometimes leica goes over the top.

Dominique Pellissier