Subject: RE: [Leica] Polar Bears - off topic but so is everything else I've seen lately
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:41:06 -0800

Tim Atherton, wrote:

>I think John also failed to mention that at noon yesterday it was somewhere
>between -35 and - 38c here. I stayed home and read the paper!>>>>>

Folks:

Our own LUG member Tim has a nice spread in the latest issue of Leica
Fotographie. Nothing like shooting in the high Canadian arctic.

And for those of you unaccustomed to celcius numbers for temperature when
Tim says it's -39, that's as close as you can get to 39 below zero in any
language.

- -40 C and 40 F below zero are equal. And that's cold!

<<<>(Current temperature -39c and my girlfriend wants to go for a walk!)>>>

Love those hardy Canadian women!!!!!!!

Tim nice spread in the magazine, I hope you have many more.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant