Subject: [Leica] Re: Usable early M's
From: mgb67@webtv.net (Scott Kercher)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:53:25 -0500 (EST)

My 'new' camera is a 1958 M2! I have found it to be very easy to use
overall. I also have a IIc in screwmount that I use occasionally. The
beauty of early M models is that you can use LTM lenses or go for the
latest and greatest if you so desire! Of course this applies ro any M
model. I prefer the uncluttered viewfinder and the framelines of the M2
and M3 personally. Hate LED's, don't care what camera has them!! I have
also found the MR4 meters to be quite accurate for my photos. Note I
said for my photos, I'm sure there are much more accurate devices out
there.So yes, these cameras are very usable today!! Very little will top
an M2 with a 35 F2 Summicron for absolute joy in photography.

Scott Kercher
Mt. Gretna, Pa