Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder on M3? - (Was Chalk and Charcoal in HC110)
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 01:51:07 EST

On 1/10/99 Tom A wrote:
>> [Snip]
>> Dan,
>>  The Rapidwinder does not fit the M3 or M4. However, the camera can be
>> converted to accept it, that involves having a M6 drive installed.
>> [Snip]

Bud,
 I don't think that Reinhold Mueller changes the gears from brass to steel. My
personal preference has always been keeping the brass. Much softer and quieter
drive. The old MP was rough in the advance and so were my old M2M's and M4M's.
The brass gear will probably wear out in time, but, unless you shoot 10,000's
of negs a year, it should last a long time. Also, the brass gears don't crack
- - the steel gears have a tendency to do so, particularly when they get a bit
worn.
Tom A