Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: any truly wierd crap?
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:36:34 EST

Bill:

Sounds like you are having a grand time with all your goodies.

I remember back in the late 60's drooling over the Alpa cameras in the camera
shop.  Such heft, quality, wheels, knobs and those little holes with the
changing colors for DOF on the lenses.  The packaging, boxes and instructions
were something to behold.  To this day when I run across an Alpa I must pick
it up and marvel at the same things that turned me on back then.   One of
these days I will run across one that I absolutely cannot resist.

Enjoy your toys!

Bob Bedwell

<< Well at one time I had a Viso II but wanted more, and came across a
 ALPA 10D with the 50 mm 1.9 makro. I picked that up and then bought
 the ALPA to Leicaflex adp. So I could put my visoflex lenses on the
 Leicaflex adp and then the ALPA adp. and then mount them on the ALPA 10D
 all so I could get stop down slow metering. It works fine just looks
 like I have a plumbing project going on. Also picked up a single cam
 35mm 2.8 for the old standard Flex and use it with the ALPA adp. so I
 have a wide angle lens. Since then I have added a ALPA 6c with the 40mm
 2.8 makro and a 24mm 3.5 Angie in black . And after all this was done
 what did I find, but a really nice Viso III cheap.....Soooooo now I have
 the Viso III and all this ALPA stuff, and then ALPA price's went thru
 the roof, none of the stuff I have is real clean anyway. Also went a
 little crazy and picked up a Nikon to ALPA adp. but have never bothered
 to pick up any Nikon lenses to use on the ALPA.

 Bill Barton >>