Subject: Re: [Leica] batteries
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:20:17 -0800

Doug wrote:
>The last car I owned that came with a starting crank was a 1947 MG TC
:^)

I owned a 1954(1250 engine) MG-TF for a few years and bought a brand
new 1959 bright red MGA in Jacksonville Florida.  I am pretty sure
that both these cars had starting cranks.

By coincidence the only trouble I had with the MGA when I drove it
from Boulder, Colorado to Fairbanks(1500 miles of gravel road), Alaska
was electrical. Out in the middle of nowhere the engine quite.  Did
not take me long to discover that the electrical power lead to the
electric fuel pump had come lose so I screwed it back on and away I
went.  18.6mpg overall and no one passed me on this very enjoyable
drive through beautiful country.  But the wiring was ruined, the rear
fenders pockmarked from underneath and the windshield was busted up
from gravel damage.  The tires were trashed and I was never able to
clean out all the dust because I used a tonneau cover.

"Hood" in English is "top" in American while "bonnet" in English is
"hood" in American.   Not implying that any of you well-traveled and
wise_in_the_ways_of_the_world LUGers would not know this of course.
But I did not want to leave any Texans(largest glacier-free state) on
the list out of the conversation.   Dale
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net  Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $