Subject: [Leica] Re: Can someone explain why?
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:04:44 +0900

Hi Phil,

I wouldn't say the M6 is better than the M3.  I would say that, after
using an M3 for a couple of years, then moving to an M4-P and then an
M6, that the M4 platform was quicker for me to load and rewind.
Having an internal meter on the M6 makes it faster-handling for me
than the M4-P.  And although the frame lines can be distracting, you
can use a wider range of focal lengths on an M6 with less guessing as
to the framing.

Faster-handling, more convenient.  But obviously not everybody feels
that way.......

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:16:12 PST, "Philip Kokoczka"
<philip63@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Many posters to the LUG, when comparing early models of the M series
>cameras such as the M3 and M2 to late models M4-P or M6, seem to make
>statements such as "not as convenient as the M6" or "upgraded features
>of the M6". Come on folks, the only feature you can really call an
>upgrade is the built in meter. Am I missing something here? What are all
>of the other features that make the M6 better than the M3.

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp