Subject: Re: [Leica] Bill Cameta
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:43:44 +0800

Tom,

> Does anyone have any experience dealing with Bill Cameta Camera ?
> tom

In 1997 I bought a Nikon F/FTN described as exc++/mint- from Cameta
Camera, and when it arrived it was anything but.  It was so beat up I
could hardly describe it with words.  The advance mechanism was jammed,
the Photomic FTN meter was dead, and the front element of the Nikkor
50/1.4 was so scratched the whole lens was opaque when I looked through
it.  I am not talking about 'cleaning marks' here, it seemed someone had
been polishing it with sand paper.

When I complained I was offered a full refund, but I still lost out on
the return shipping.

JY