Subject: Re: [Leica] Can someone explain why?
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:11:44 -0800

Dale R. Reed wrote:

> >10 years is pretty good for a 'gadget' but electronics designed and
> >manufactured to the highest standards should last at least 20 years
> IMO,
> >and longer should be typical.
>
> Dennis it kinda depends on what you mean by "last."

<snip>

Good point.  By "last" I mean, at most, only adjustments would need to
be made, provided that the camera was operated with the specifications
for temperature, pressure, humidity, and corrosive environment.

I would prefer that no adjustments be necessary but it is unlikely that
even Leica will design to that.

Dennis