Subject: RE: [Leica] pocket camera
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:01:54 -0500

> Hi,
>
> my two cents for a pocket camera: Olympus XA!
> Just looked at some slides shot on my honeymoon in Australia- I was
> blown away by the performance of this little sucker! I've always loved
> the prints I got from it, but never shot chromes. Handled tough lighting
> situations too!
> Fits in any pocket- a great traveler.
>
> regards,
>
> Bob Keene
...For the umpteenth time on this subject...I'll second, third, and fourth
the above...Stick an XA in your pocket, suitcase, briefcase, and forget
about it...Until you see that shot of a life-time and "don't have a camera."
Pull that tiny black turtle out of where ever you've stashed it, crack open
the shell, shoot away - and you will not be disappointed at the results. Is
it a Leica M ? Of course not. But - if we can let a little reality leak in
here for a change - neither are the Leica minis. I know there are those who
are convinced that the Minilux, etc., are worth their price...I'd suggest
that they'd be worth the price they'd command without a Leica nameplate....

Anyway, you can't go wrong with an XA, and you can pick up a good clean one
for under $200.....

B. D.