Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica filters + stuff
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:19:35 -0700

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> I always found it pretentious to use filters because of a name.  For example, Tiffen makes Canon filters and Hoya and sometimes Tiffen many Nikon filters.  If you need a multicoated filter, buy a Hoya SMC.
snip

I've been meaning to check out Hoya by getting one, but Tiffen filters
are made in a sandwich system that sounds real bad to me; along the
lines of putting a gel between two pieces of glass. I used to use them
way back with my nikons. Names aside it is of course nefarious to ruin
primo glass by sticking inferior glass in front if it.
By the was I got a Nikon 39 at a swap meet for not cheep and brought it
home to find it using a different thread system. So far I'm stuck with it.
Mark Rabiner