Subject: Re: [Leica] Catching up
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:50:10 -0800

Tina wrote:

>I'm back from the Czech Republic.  We had a wonderful, but very COLD
>holiday!  Next year we are going to Fiji or somewhere that doesn't require
>long underwear!>>>>>>>

Hi Tina,
 welcome home, too bad it was "SO COLD!" and I second the motion on the
"warm Christmas next year!" :) I've not yet taken the opportunity to
celebrate a Christmas on Fiji, tried talking Irene into it a few times, but
she's an old fashion girl who likes Christmas and winter and some snow.

I thnk I'll show her your post about Fiji, maybe encourage her to go to
Hawaii or some other nice warm location for next year.:)

>First and foremost - CONGRATULATIONS, TED!!  The only thing that surprises
>me about your lifetime achievement award was that you didn't already have
>it.  Didn't they know that you're the best - now and always!  It couldn't
>have gone to a greater guy.>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you very much it was very nice to be told early, someone thought it
might make the old guy a nice Christmas gift to let me know. It sure was a
beauty alright and each time I think about the night of the gala and actual
presentation, I start to get a tad emotional. Probably going to be a heck
of a blubbering scene, so we'll need a few Noctilux folks along to capture
me crying all over the place. :) Well you know me, I'm such an emotional
jerk I'll have to make sure I have extra hankies for the occaision. :)

I assume you didn't drop any M6's and lenses, as has been reported by a few
M6 folks on the LUG over the past week. If nothing else the reports of
Leica dropitus as scary as they are, have been a good lesson for many of us
to:  "Lets be careful out there!"

<<< I missed you all and I'm glad  to be back ->>>>

Well LUG mom we mised you also, glad to have you back online with us as we
move through the early stages of this new and interesting year.
ted