Subject: Re: [Leica] (Off topic) Re: Weston Master V
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:37:10 +0800

At 14:38 14/01/99 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:
>I have a drawer full of non working Weston Master meters. But my Sekonic
>Studio Deluxe and Pentax Spot meter, bought at the same time as the first
>Weston Master, is still going strong. I will never fix these Westons. I
>cannot conceive of a possible use for them nowadays.

Yup, I know that feeling.

I have a Euromaster and a Sekonic Studio Deluxe (apart from a Profisix, a
Spectra, and a Minolta Spotmeter F). I never found the Euromaster to be as
easy and convenient to use as the Sekonic. The Euromaster went out of
calibration long ago. I haven't bothered to have it fixed. The Sekonic is
still working well, and it agrees with the rest of my meters. I like the
interchangeable disk and dome, the direct reading slides and the small size
of it. Among the battery-powered meters, the Sekonic L308 is great for the
price and is worth considering. It measures flash and continuous light.
Thought the Profisix is big, it is reliable and very sensitive.

Regards,
Malcolm