Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M or R
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 02:57:48 +0200

- --------------5810DA4D093D7563C1C53B6D

> I also traded Nikon for Leica. For some reason I found the R7 extremely
> difficult to focus and begrudgingly traded in all my R lenses--which I
> stupidly bought just on Leica' reputation--and bought an M6 instead. It's
> compact, quiet, beautiful to use and it takes outstanding images. For
> travelling especially it's wonderful. What I miss is the ability to use it
> with action, close-up or telephoto photograpy. For landscape and people it
> can't be beat. Hope this helps. Good luck.

You found the R7 difficult to focus after coming from a Nkon system??? Thats the first time I hear that, but I guess everyone has their own experience. I find all my R's incredibly easy to focus. For landscape photography, I would think its a close call between R & M, IMO the R would win. for people and street photographs, the M certainly wins.

just my .02 Euros worth

- --
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos

- --------------5810DA4D093D7563C1C53B6D

<pre>I also traded Nikon for Leica. For some reason I found the R7 extremely
difficult to focus and begrudgingly traded in all my R lenses--which I
stupidly bought just on Leica' reputation--and bought an M6 instead. It's
compact, quiet, beautiful to use and it takes outstanding images. For
travelling especially it's wonderful. What I miss is the ability to use it
with action, close-up or telephoto photograpy. For landscape and people it
can't be beat. Hope this helps. Good luck.</pre>

Thats the first time I hear that, but I guess everyone has their own experience.
I find all my R's incredibly easy to focus. For landscape photography,
I would think its a close call between R &amp; M, IMO the R would win.