Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux fever
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:51:12 -0600 (CST)

Mark and group,
r.e., slow WA screw mt. lenses:

I have used Canon WAs most of my life.  The 35 1.5 (unfortunately
it got away from me) and the 35 1.8....the 28 3.5, then (currently)
the 28 2.8.....

The 35 1.8 performs like a Summicron.
The 28 performs BETTER than original Elmarit, probably not
as good as current one ( I had both Canon and Leica M at the same
time)

If these "Leica aficianados" would realize that its "RANGEFINDERS"
they're in love with and not "LEICAS", and realize that the
lens test BS is just that (most pros voiced their preferences
in the 50s-- that's how we GOT Nikon and CANON in the first place)
we'd have lots more to choose from today (maybe....)

AS for R-users, there's some things I just don't understand......

Try those Canons and Nikkors Mark.....I won't tell.....promise :)
And BTW, I've used all these lenses on Leica, Canon -AND- Nikon....
(appropriate mounts, of course)

Since I have my flame suit/BS filter on, lets talk some more about
UV filters and/or lens cleaning....(Hi Ted!!)

CU later,
WAlt