Subject: [Leica] Camera Condition Codes
From: leica@olemiss.edu
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:58:51 -0600

15 Jan 1999 15:49:34,  Robert L. Clark" <bobclark1@home.com> wrote:

> >>Lastly, why is it when I try and find a lens for leica via
> >>'shutterbug/internet' type searches, I enevitably find the suffix - 9,
> >>or 9++, or mint, or some signs of use.... ect. WHERE are the turds!

> These ARE the turds!!!  The just don't describe them that way.  The whole
> nature of this mail-order and long-distance business is to over-state the
> condition of the equipment

To help the less experienced buyers, the Self-Appointed Committee to
Clarify Our Language Usage (SACCOLU--SAC O' for short) has put together
a glossary of important words and phrases--and what they really mean,
when used in mail order/internet transactions.

Condition Codes:

New, in the box	almost new, with a box
New                     	almost new without a box
As new                  	used, but sold 'as new'
Like new                	used, but not engraved
Mint			not heavily used or engraved
Ex+++		not heavily used, may be engraved
Ex+			heavily used and engraved
Ex			still recognizable as a camera
Ex-			no longer recognizable as a camera
Very good		may not be a camera
C10			anything 'Ex' or above
C9...etc.		anything below 'Ex'

Kirk Turk